GENERAL BLESSINGS AND TOASTS

Great health to you!


Health forever!


Great health and every good blessing to you.


Health to the Queen!


Health to the King, the Queen, and the royal household!


Scotland forever!


May God bless you.


Blessings of God be with you.


May all your days be happy ones!


Honest men and pretty ladies!


May the Lord Keep you in His hand, and never close His fist too tight on you!


May there always be work for your hands to do.
May your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine upon your window pane.
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near to you and
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.



If there is a righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty int he character.
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home,
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation,
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
So let it be!



Wishing you always walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
And the love and laughter of those you hold dear.



Here's tae us;
Who's like us?
Darn few,
And they're a' deid!



May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet
again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.



Be ye our angel unawares
If after Kirk ye bide a wee,
There's some would like to speak to ye,
If after Kirk ye rise and flee
We' all seem cauld and still to ye.
The one that's in the seat with ye
Is stranger here than ye, maybe.
All here have got their fears and cares,
Add ye your soul unto our prayers,
Be ye our angel unawares.



You are the peace of all things calm
You are the place to hide from harm
You are the light that shines in dark
You are the heart's eternal spark
You are the door that's open wide
You are the guest who waits inside
You are the stranger at the door
You are the calling of the poor
You are my Lord and with me from ill
You are the light, the truth, the way
You are my Saviour this very day.



We bathe your palms
In the showers of iwne
In the crook of the kindling,
In the seven elements,
In the sap of the tree,
In the milk of honey,
We place nine pure, choice gifts
In your clear beloved face:
The gift of form
The gift of voice
The gift of fortune,
The gift of goodness,
The gift of eminence,
The gift of charity,
The gift of integrity,
The gift of true nobility,
The gift of apt speech.




Circle me, Lord.
Keep protection near
And danger afar.
Circle me, Ord
Keep hope within.
Keep doubt without.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep light near
And darkness afar.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep peace within.
Keep evil out.




Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of th shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.




God's Heart
There is a mother's heart in the heart of God. And 'tis his delight to break the bread of love and truth for his children.


My Fortress
The Sacred Three
My fortress be
Encircling me
Come and be round
My hearth and my home.



Big Sea, Little Boat
Dear God, be good to me;
The sea is so wide,
And my boat is so small.



I saw a stranger today.
I put food for him
in the eating-place
And drink
in the drinking-place
And music in the listening-place.
In the Holy name
of the Trinity
He blessed myself
and my family.
And the lark said in her warble
Often, often, often
Goes Christ
in the stranger's guise.
A Familiar Stranger.
O, oft and oft and oft,
Goes Christ
in the stranger's guise.




I arise today
Through a mighty strength;
God's power to guide me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's eyes to watch over me;
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to give me speech,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to shelter me,
God's host to secure me.